The Amazon Fashion Private Brands team is looking for an entrepreneurial, analytical, and highly motivated Senior 3D Techincal Designer with prior Technical Design or Patternmaking experience. This role will ensure Amazon products delight our customers in terms of product quality and fit. They will be part of a team of experts who will work with designers and merchandisers to ensure we build best in class products.
As a Senior 3D Technical Designer you will support the Amazon Private Brands design process by creating 3D apparel and photorealistic images. These digital apparel prototypes will be used for concept review, material and color specifications and transferred to partner factories for sample creation. 3D prototypes must convey all necessary aesthetic and technical details while following milestone calendar objectives. The 3D Designer will collaborate with apparel design and brand management teams and participate in the product creation process.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for delivering high quality products to customers. This candidate will possess partner management skills, project management skills, a high degree of ownership and integrity, a high attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and be a great team player. The successful candidate must have a demonstrated ability to render apparel product in 3D and have a solid understanding of patternmaking and garment construction. Candidates should have prior experience in 3D rendering, fit, pattern making, size grading, and garment construction with a top tier branded or vertical fashion retailer.
· Leverage 3D software to create and revise 3D apparel renderings.
· Build 3D block library from existing 2D pattern library to support product development process.
· Develop and maintain a virtual fit protocol and standard.
· Develop, modify, and maintain 3D Avatars to support all soft lines apparel categories.
· Manage and maintain a virtual fabric library.
· Liaise with Design and Brand Management teams to provide support for key meetings and milestones.
· Research and apply emerging 3D technology to the product development process.
· Drive for continual improvement and innovation; sponsor newness.
· Evolve Technical Design strategy, operations, methods, and measures of effectiveness.
· Research and resolve fit, pattern, and grading issues in partnership with the Technical Design team.
· Build audit mechanisms to consistently monitor and check fit, grading, and vendor compliance.
· Collaborate with other members of the Amazon Fashion Private Label team on both ongoing and new products.
· Support the Technical Design team in meeting seasonal deliverables and projects.
· Travel to sourcing offices and/or factories to troubleshoot, educate, and build factory capabilities.